Monday, April 05, 2010

Learn more about 1:1 computing

On April 7, 2010, CASTLE and the school districts in Iowa with 1:1 laptop programs will host the state's first-ever 1:1 Institute in Des Moines. The purposes of the Iowa 1:1 Institute (I11I) are to:
  • help Iowa's 1:1 districts learn about innovative teaching, learning, and administrative practices that are occurring in each others' districts;
  • build excitement and 'buzz' around 1:1 laptop computing initiatives in the state; and
  • help others who are interested in 1:1 computing learn more about how to get started and be successful.
  • Be sure to consult the wiki of resources later in the week when best practices, research, and success stories are shared.
The Institute is open to ANYONE interested in 1:1 laptop computing initiatives in P-12 schools, whether they currently are working in such a program or just want to learn more.

Dr. Scott McLeod, CASTLE Director, offers its online school technology leadership courses at ISU!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your entry. I just about passed your website up in Yahoo but now I am glad I checked it out and acquired to go as a result of it. I'm definitely a small far better informed now. I realize very a few folks that will desire to verify it out. They'll for sure enjoy the heck out of what I just read too.